Additional pictures below, click to see larger versions
|Dimensions||4368μm x 4768μm|
|Power||20 mW (@50MHz, 1.2V)|
The VivoSoC 2 project is the extended and updated version of the original VivoSoC platform for biomedical signal acquisition. This chip is feature rich and designed to be potentially employed in different portable applications, e.g.: mass-market consumer fitness tracker, medical-grade teleheath point-of-care, implantable devices for chronic disease monitoring and management.
To fit the tight energy budgets of portable devices, the operating point of each SoC block can be fine tuned to trade-off unnecessary precision with power.
Main chip features:
- Quad-core RISC processor of the PULP family equipped with SPIs, UART, GPIOs, JTAG and I2C digital interfaces and a L2 memory of 128kB.
- PULP cluster and peripherals embedded in two independent voltage and clock domain regions to allow voltage and frequency scaling.
- 9-channels 12kHz-66dB analog-front-end for time-multiplexed ExG recording (with lead-off detection).
- 4-channels Transimpedance Medical Amplifier and LEDs driver for photoplethysmogram (PPG).
- 2-channels Bio-Impedance analog-front-end.
- 3 fully flexible SAR-ADC for digitizing biomedical signals (ExG, PPG, bio-impedance).
- 6-channels nerve blocking and stimulation circuit.
- General purpose algorithmic ADC for auxiliary sensor recordings.
- On-chip LDOs to provide a clean supply for the analog circuits.
- On-chip clock-generator and biasing.
The name VivoSoC is based on the Italian word "Vivo" that can be translated as "Alive". The logo is inspired by the HAL9000 user interface in Stanley Kubrick's 1968 movie 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Philipp Schoenle, Giovanni Rovere, FLorian Glaser, Jonathan Boesser, Noe Brun, Xu Han, Thomas Burger, Schekeb Fateh, Qing Wang, Luca Benini, Qiuting Huang, "A multi-sensor and parallel processing SoC for wearable and implantable telemetry systems", Proceedings of the 43rd IEEE European Solid State Circuits Conference, (ESSCIRC-2017),, DOI: 10.1109/ESSCIRC.2017.8094564