|Dimensions||3200μm x 3200μm|
|Power||75 mW @ 1.2 V, 250 MHz|
GAP8 is a commercial IoT processor designed by Greenwaves Technologies, based on the open source PULP platform. It is quite similar in its design to Mr. Wolf with the following differences
- GAP8 is an industrial design and is available as a product.
- GAP8 is in TSMC55, Mr.Wolf is TSMC40.
- In GAP8 the processor core outside the cluster is a RI5CY, in Mr. Wolf it is a Zeroriscy.
- GAP8 does not FP support
- There are additional accelerators in GAP8
GAP8 is a fully programmable RISC-V IoT-edge computing engine, featuring a 8-core cluster with CNN accelerator, coupled with an ultra-low power MCU with 30 uW state-retentive sleep power. GAP-8 delivers up to 10 GMAC/s for CNN inference (90 MHz, 1.0V) at the energy efficiency of 600 GMAC/s/W within a worst-case power envelope of 75 mW.
- Eric Flamand, Davide Rossi, Francesco Conti, Igor Loi, Antonio Pullini, Florent Rotenberg, Luca Benini, "GAP-8: A RISC-V SoC for AI at the Edge of the IoT", In Proc. IEEE 29th International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP), Milan, Italy, 2018, pp. 1-4,European Solid State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC) 2018, 3-6 Sep 2018, Dresden, DOI: 10.1109/ASAP.2018.8445101